So after a pathetic attempt to keep a blog, I am trying again. Here is some stuff from our recent family vacation. More pictures to be added soon.
Day 1-Friday July 2
Left home WAY late. Tried to leave at 8:00 am. Failed miserably, despite my staying up all night. Oh, well. I should know by now that I am a terrible judge of how much time my projects take.
First stop, Fort Bridger, WY.
Fort Bridger had some interesting exhibits. There was an old building that was set up kind of like a mercantile might have been, and had quite a bit of old authentic stuff. There were some hats and shawls, as well as old cans of food. There was an old cash register and several pistols and rifles.
 |
| The family at the Ice House |
They had the carriage house, the ice house, the old school, and the old guard house/jail. There was a recreation of the trading post that Jim Bridger started. It had a gift shop that the kids went gaga in. They wanted everything they saw. The boys really wanted one of the toy wooden rifles and pistols that they had. I took one away from Bridger about 10 times. There was another building that was a museum and small gift shop. They had a replica handcart and the kids were amazed at how small they were. “We wouldn’t be able to fit our stuff in this”. They had a couple houses set up to show the officer’s quarters, and the commanding officer’s quarters. They lived so simply. Makes me want to get rid of half of the stuff we have in our house so our house can look so clean and streamlined. Seriously.
 |
| Bridger at Fort Bridger |
Bridger thought it was “awesome” that he could see his name on some of the signs. Of course, I think he can really only recognize the “B”, but it was so cute to see him so excited. On our way East on I-80, hit some extremely slow traffic due to an accident, and spent the night in Rawlins WY.
1 comment:
Holy cow! You updated your blog!!!!! HEHHEHEH Looks like you had a fun trip with your kids;)
Post a Comment