Happy Birthday Sumner!!! We checked out of our hotel and after picking up breakfast items and the local Dakotamart, we headed to the Crazy Horse Memorial. This was so cool! The kids liked seeing the museum with all the Indian artifacts. The girls especially liked the beaded stuff, and seeing the basket weaving and the loom work. Halie kept saying “I don’t know how they can do all that stuff with their own hands”. Bridger was wild! The kids kept stealing coins out of the little pond.
Next went to Mount Rushmore. It was raining like crazy by the time we got there. Rex took the older kids in and left me waiting in the car with Bridger, Sumner and Lander, who were all sleeping. After he got them settled watching a movie, he came back for us. We joined up with the kids and took some pictures. Saw a big horned sheep next to the amphitheater. Some of the kids went on a little trail with Rex that got them to some cool viewing spots.
![]() | |
| Proof that Rex was actually with us |
Tyler said, “Now that we’ve seen Mt Rushmore, what’s the point of the rest of our vacation?”. I just about died laughing. Good to know that on day 4 of a 10 day vacation, he was done.
Checked into the Comfort Inn and got a suite. Ran to the market and got frozen pizzas and little cupcakes and ice cream for Summie’s birthday.
Rex and I went to the Chute Rooster's for dinner. Rex had the buffalo steak, and I had the regular steak. I just couldn't try the buffalo. Ick!
| Chute Rooster's Restaurant |
Took the kids back to the Crazy Horse Memorial to see the laser light show against the Crazy Horse mountain.


No comments:
Post a Comment